|Alma mater||Pomona College|
|Occupation||Head of Vanguard News Network|
Milton Alexander Linder (born June 30, 1966) is an American white supremacist. He is the founder and editor of the Vanguard News Network (VNN), an antisemitic and white supremacist website and forum described by the Anti-Defamation League as "one of the most active white supremacist sites on the Internet."
Linder is a former member of National Alliance, a political organisation considered by the Southern Poverty Law Center as "the country's most active and important neo-Nazi group" in the United States when he joined it.
|Part of a series on|
Linder was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and graduated with a bachelor's degree from Pomona College in Claremont, California, in 1988, then worked as a researcher for CNN on the Evans & Novak political show, and then at The American Spectator.
On May 26, 2007, Linder organized what has been described as a "racially charged protest" linked to the Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom murder case in Knoxville, Tennessee, that attracted 30 supporters, around 60 counterprotesters, and 300 law enforcement officers. Linder fought with police and was the only person arrested. He was charged with disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, vandalism, and assault on a police officer. He was placed on six months probation and ordered to pay restitution to the police officer whom he assaulted.
|Part of the Politics and elections and Politics series on|
Linder is an ex-member of the National Alliance, which is a Holocaust denial, white separatist, neo-Nazi, and white nationalist group. He left after deciding to allow criticism of the National Alliance to appear on the VNN forums.
The ADL claims that in January 2005, Linder announced his intention to set up the White Freedom Party, stating it was "America's first political party advocating Aryan interests and specifically naming the Jew as the agent of white genocide and greatest obstacle to our people's self-preservation as a distinct and protected people." It threatened to "WAGE NONSTOP WAR on the Jews, coloreds, and mainstream sellouts". Lacking financial backing, the "White Freedom Party" is currently dormant.
The Aryan Alternative
In 2004, Linder began publishing a tabloid newspaper called The Aryan Alternative. Four issues were published as of July 2010—the first issue was published in mid-2004. The most recent issue, July 2010 (#4), was published in mid-2009. The newspaper is distributed for free, but donations for it are solicited online.
In articles he has written for The Aryan Alternative newspaper, Linder claims that Jews have been and are consciously engaged in a conspiracy that is implementing a systematic program of genocide to totally eradicate and exterminate the Aryan race.
- Cohen-Almagor, Raphael Confronting the Internet's Dark Side, Cambridge University Press, 2015, p. 212. ISBN 9781107105591
- Gill, Paul. Lone-Actor Terrorists: A behavioural analysis, Routledge, 2015, p. 89. ISBN 9781317660156
- "Alex Linder", Southern Poverty Law Center website. Accessed August 8, 2019.
- Alex Linder/Vanguard News Network (VNN), Anti-Defamation League. Archived February 29, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- Lakin, Matt (May 27, 2007). "Police arrest organizer at 'rally against genocide'". Knoxville News Sentinel. Archived from the original on September 17, 2007.
- "White supremacist arrested at Downtown rally", WBIR-TV, May 26, 2007 Archived December 21, 2010, at WebCite
- Hilliard, Robert L.; Michael C. Keith (1999). Waves of Rancor: Tuning into the Radical Right. M. E. Sharpe. p. 165. ISBN 978-0765601315.
- Quarles, Chester A. (1999). The Ku Klux Klan and Related American Racialist and Antisemitic Organizations: A History and Analysis. McFarland. p. 146. ISBN 978-0786406470.
- Richie, Warren (December 20, 2011). "Failed Martin Luther King Day parade bomber gets 32-year sentence". Christian Science Monitor. Retrieved 14 February 2012.
- "Bomb suspect tied to supremacist group". Boston Globe. March 10, 2011. Archived from the original on 9 September 2011. Retrieved 14 February 2012.
- ADL Report on Alex Linder: Archived December 3, 2010, at the Wayback Machine